Kyle From Kentucky's TOP TEN Movies of 2022!
9. Black Phone - What a great experience in the theatre. I loved the story. Another original horror story, not some ripoff or remake. I took my son, and he loved it as well.
8. Barbarian - Although I had a few small issues with this movie, anytime we get an original horror story that keeps my interest and provides some scares, I'm always pleased. There were some really creepy environments in this movie. I loved the basement sets.
7. Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe - I never dreamed that this would have been as enjoyable as it was. I still find these two morons absolutely hysterical. The story is good, and I enjoyed it more than their first movie.
6. Men - This is a real head trip of a movie. It is shot beautifully, and has a very strong story . The acting was fantastic as well.
5. Pearl - What a fun movie. This thing was bonkers. This was my favorite acting performance of the year. The directing was great as well.
4. X - I knew was going to love this movie from the trailer. A 70's porno shoot with murders. That's right up my alley. It was a nasty looking movie, and I love nasty. All of the characters were great. I loved when Jenna Ortega decided she wanted to take part in the fun too.
3. Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio - This has always been one of my favorite stories, but this maybe my favorite version so far. All of the voice acting was top notch, the animation was great. Beautiful movie with great additions to the story. The end was very emotional.
2. All Quiet on the Western Front - This is a very grim film. It shows the realities of the World Wars like few movies ever have. There is no happiness anywhere to be seen. Everything about this film was brilliant.
1. Banshees of Inisherin - My favorite movie of the year. Some of the lines in this movie were as funny as anything I ever heard. Barry Keoghan is one of my favorite actors now. It does sad and funny better than very movies ever have. All of the cast was perfect.